Wedding Wednesday

February 2, 2011

I've been thinking about banners and garlands this week. Not only are they an easy d.i.y. craft, but they add a lot to the atmosphere of a wedding (or any celebratory event, for that matter). After staring at these images over and over, I was inspired to sit down in front of my sewing machine with some fabric and paper over the weekend.





I've mentioned my paper garlands before, but they've been stashed away in a basket for weeks. It was hard to keep them tucked out of sight, but their colors aren't exactly holiday appropriate.

Paper garlands.

But now that it's February, I'm aching for spring, so paper garlands have been scattered around the house. They look pretty hanging alongside their new friends made of second-hand linens.

Paper garlands

Garlands

Garlands

I still have a lot more of to make, but I don't mind. They're really fun, and they aren't fussy at all. I plan on making clotheslines with twine, pictures, and paper doilies, too. I can't wait to put them on my walls!

I hope you're all having an awesome week. :)

8 comments:

  1. Lindsay, your photos look so professional, you and your camera are a perfect match!

    Are you using an editing tool? I ask because, I know nothing and don't really know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That basket full of paper garlands in your weddings colors... literally makes me overjoyed! The color combo is sooo beautiful!! Then all the complimenting shades and patterns to go along with... fantastic


    -pz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri - Thank you! I've been experimenting around with my new camera a lot. I use Photoshop for a little editing. People say that Picknik is a good tool, too, and it's free (I think).

    Zoe - Thank you, ma'am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how stunning! Beautiful photos and I love the colors!
    I always wonder though, how do you keep them from getting all tangled up? I bet it has something to do with keeping them out of the reach of small children, yes, I bet that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay i love the photos you shared I clicked on one and I saw that you are part of pininterest I got lost on that site for a while it is so cool!!! I loved your picks on it. I also really like what you are doing with the bunting and paper garlands the colors are so relaxing!
    kt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty pretty.
    I don't know if I've said this before, but I have pretty much always disliked anything in the yellow-orange color spectrum. You pretty things might just be changing my mind.

    It's epic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lola - I've had a few tangles, but nothing too dramatic. I fold them up accordion style. :)

    Kt- Yeah! I love pinterest. I used to bookmark all of my images, and I'd keep folders and folders of inspiration. Pinterest makes it all really easy to keep my favorite images cataloged and categorized. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete