A Snow Day

February 24, 2011

7am this morning.
7am this morning7am this morning.

We finally have snow! I'm so glad I'm an early riser, because the snowflakes were huge this morning. I curled up on the couch with my blanket, Matt's Kindle, and some hot coffee for about an hour, glancing out the window to note the snow's progress.

I'm reading A Clash of Kings right now, the sequel to A Game of Thrones. The story is fitting for the weather, I think. "Winter is coming."

7am this morning.

It's now past noon, and the ground has cleared. I wouldn't be surprised if today ends up being the only snow day of the year, but I'm crossing my fingers for one or two more.

I'm trying to decide whether to make:

     A. Spaghetti
     B. Focaccia
     C. Muffins
     D. All of the above
     E. None of the above

8 comments:

  1. Isn't the snow crazy! It melted and now it's back somewhat. Great pics of it! Oh, and I vote E. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks! I think I vote E as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read those books--you're right, perfect for winter! But be warned: the author has been promising the next book in the series for about 4 years now...grr...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, how frustrating! Something to look forward to, I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! How sad that the snow is gone. Maybe you will be getting more before it is all said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for snow days! I wish it would have lasted just a wee bit longer.
    I was up at 4 :30 and the snow was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of the above! :) he he. Snow days are *great* baking days, no? Havea lovely one!

    ReplyDelete