Christmas week.

December 20, 2010


Under Christmas lights.Under Christmas lights.

I know. It's supposed to be one of the most stressful weeks of the year, but I've been trying my best to sit back, relax, and enjoy the Christmas lights.

Christmas cookies.

Luckily, I began most of my Christmas preparations earlier in the month, so all that's left now is to turn on my favorite Christmas Pandora station, grab a mug full of spiked eggnog, and let the holiday baking begin. We'll be making four types of cookies this year. Two of them are old favorites, and two will be something special that my man conjures up while I'm away at work.

Christmas cookies.

I should mention that we received a most welcome gift a week ago: a brand new oven. It came after the sudden (but not unexpected) death of the one previous, and we are so grateful that our apartment managers were able to replace it quickly. Needless to say, I've been testing it out with holiday vigor.

Homemade dinner rolls.

I even gave it a run with the dinner rolls I'm planning to bring to my dad's cozy home this Christmas, and I have to say... I very much appreciate its consistency,  the evenness with which it browns my breads, and the 15-20 minutes it shaves off of our usual baking time.

Here's to not taking anything for granted. I hope you're all enjoying your Christmas week as much as I am.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. The Mountainm Bar cookies! Those are my favorite! My mom makes those every year (I think she calls them something else) and I always devour them - I've never seen them anywhere else.
    Anyway, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your living room looks so cozy and happy! You are such a good baker and your photograph everything so well...all looks great!

    ReplyDelete