Breakfast today.

December 4, 2010

Finnish oven pancakes.

So amazing. I saw the recipe for these Finnish Oven Pancakes over at one of my favorite food blogs, Foodie with Family.  Hot damn - these are good. And really simple to make, too.

This is where I neglect to tell you about the part where we initially used a faulty springform pan that leaked butter all over our oven. Smoke and fire alarms ensued, but it was well worth the ruckus.

I only made one change to the recipe: I used vanilla sugar instead of the regular stuff, and that's because I had a ton of it leftover after making a big batch for a recent post I wrote over at My Own Labels. It's good stuff!

I hope you all have a happy weekend. I'll be work, work, working. :)

8 comments:

  1. These are a Christmas morning tradition in Sweet Husband's family. I hadn't ever heard of them before that, but--you're right--they're incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I love the new look over here at your place, very nice and clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. :)

    I think I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So some people may think the title 'Breakfast Today' was just a title. Not me. To me, though, it sure seems a lot like bragging. That looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah. Well, maybe a little. One must share delicious things, especially when the recipe is so easy to replicate. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out your blog and saw this recipe, it reminds me of home! as I'm from Finland, living in France.

    I usually make this oven pancake in a tray, so it's not too thick, add little bit of queen jam and it's täydellinen! (perfect)

    ReplyDelete