Joining the squares.

November 2, 2010

Joining the squares

I finally finished crocheting my last granny square for my blanket over one week ago, but I didn't have the motivation to begin the process of joining them together until late last night. Not only did my poor hand need a break from all of the cramping (though the pain is far more bearable now than before), but I couldn't figure out which joining method I wanted to try - Flat braid? Slip stitch crochet? There are so many to choose from!

And honestly? I was afraid I'd hate the final product.

But I don't. I actually really like it. The colors are definitely more subdued in reality than they appear in today's photos, which is good because I'm usually way more into neutrals than in yo' face color. In any case, It's never a bad idea to step a little outside your comfort zone.

This many squares

Only 44 squares to go!

6 comments:

  1. Your color choices are great... I am sorry your poor hand is still acting up. Your blanket will be so pretty when it's done.

    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh, I love these colors. It's going to be a beautiful blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking amazing! I don't look forward to the joining up part either but, it is so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something for you over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ Granny Squares! I can't wait to see it when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what fun! I'm making an afghan like that right now too! I have a pile of squares sitting next to me just like that at this very moment :) Your's looks like it's going to be just lovely Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete