In denial...

November 9, 2010

that my throat is a little sore and that my body feels a little achy today. I don't know how I could possibly be sick. And so, since there is no logic to the intrusion, I simply refuse to acknowledge its presence.

'Big kid' granny square blanket.

My granny square blanket is this close to being done. You'll have to use your imagination to decide how close you think this close really is in index-finger-to-thumb lingo, but I can tell you that the squares are joined, and a single-crocheted edging is fully intact. All that's left now is to decide how I want to finish the edges (and then to teach myself how to do it), and, of course, the dreaded tucking and weaving of the strings.

To procrastinate on the dreaded tucking and weaving of the strings, I've started a little project on the side.

A holiday crocheted banner

A holiday crocheted banner

I have decided to be festive this year for the holidays with a 'tis the season' banner of crocheted flags. They are a project in the making, and I am thinking they'll suit my tastes quite well, as far as holiday decorating goes. Hopefully this new gung-ho attitude of mine will more than make up for my Halloween lameness this year, wherein I was wholly and fully the least festive of anyone and everyone I've ever known to be for a Halloween holiday.

I'd better start figuring out next year's costume right away...

5 comments:

  1. that blanket is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job on your blanket and it looks like it will soon be done...I chuckled about you starting something else because of the dreaded weaving, I use that to trick myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you feel better soon! I love the blanket and the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. :)

    I'm quite fond of the blanket. I think it will add some much needed color around here. And I'm feeling much better today, thank goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that idea. Just refuse to be sick. I may have to work harder on that next time. ;)

    ReplyDelete