Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

October 20, 2010

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.

They're so orange!

I don't usually like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies because they tend to be too sticky and light. I prefer dense, rich cookies that have some crunch. But these? These are good. They're just sweet enough, and the pumpkin flavor really comes through.

I used 100% whole wheat pastry flour, but unbleached all-purpose flour would be perfectly acceptable. Or you could use half unbleached AP with half whole wheat flour. Whichever you prefer.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter - room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt (use a little less if you used salted butter)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Procedure:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F, and prepare your cookie sheet with either a silpat mat, parchment paper, or grease.

2. Cream together the butter and the sugar. Once creamed, add the egg and mix until fully incorporated. Add the vanilla and the pumpkin puree and mix well.

3. In a separate bowl, add the flour, the spices, salt, and baking powder. Whisk together and add to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides.

4. If you're using an electric mixer, remove the bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips with the dough.

5. Scoop small amounts of the dough onto your baking sheet with two spoons. Bake for 15 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

Adapted from Bitchin' Camero.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I just bought two cans of pumpkin puree. One will be going to punkin waffles but, the other... I may need to work up a vegan version of these. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, looks good! That picture rocks my world by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Thank you. I wasn't sure I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! these look and sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. My wife made some last season. I'd never had them before. Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete