The fluffy feline's granny square blanket.

October 7, 2010

You may remember, I was on an intense granny square roll a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, as is usually the case, I had to put my beloved squares aside to finish our more demanding home improvement projects, and I wasn't able to get back around to it until this last weekend.

Granny square blanket... Granny square blanket...
Granny square blanket... Granny square blanket...

Well, I'm happy to report that the fluffy feline's granny square blanket is ready at last. But... he is decidedly less enthusiastic about it than I am.

In any case, I finally understand how the whole granny square things works, and I'm quite pleased with myself. I think I am now ready to step up my game to make a 'big kid' granny square blanket. It should keep me busy for awhile.

I'm actually quite fond of crochet. I think it suits me a little better than knitting, and it's the only type of project I'm turning toward nowadays once I'm done with my work. What I really need is a project or two that incorporates crochet, sewing, and hand embroidery. That would keep me happily busy, or busily happy, indeed.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great! We need to have a granny square craft club soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one lucky kitty! It turned out very pretty, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm sure he'll come around to it eventually - especially once the weather warms up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love granny squares! My stepmother tried to teach me a couple of years ago but I just couldn't get it. She is coming to visit at the end of this month I think I will ask her again I am inspired by your sweet little blanket.
    lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!

    Come, Come Berg...


    -pz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how it came together, the colors are lovely! Can't wait to see the 'big kid' version!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty this is an art I wish to tackle in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete