The fluffy feline.

October 19, 2010

It's been a rough week.

Keepin' cool.

I had to drive the fluffy feline to the animal hospital Friday night. He was blocked up from crystals in his bladder, and was in critical condition. The hospital had to keep him for awhile to flush him out, so we didn't get him back home with us until Sunday morning.

Matt and I were sad as sad can be. I couldn't stop beating myself up for not taking all of the warning signs more seriously. If I had, the situation would have never gone this far. Our vet said that it wasn't our fault, but I know I could have intervened sooner.

Lesson learned.

Fluffy feline.

We're so happy to have him back, and he seems just as excited. His absence was beyond felt. He now spends most of his time in our laps, snoozing away and enjoying his pain medication.

And while I'm on the subject, Matt found the perfect location for the fluffy feline's granny square blanket.

The perfect place.

The scratching post!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm so glad he's okay! Don't beat yourself up too much...he's all good now and it's tough when they can't tell you when something is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you had to go through that misery..it is so horrid when our animal children become so ill. Thankfully he is on the mend and all will be back to normal soon.

    Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he is okay! The hardest part about our pets is that they can't talk but it sounds like you were in-tune with him to know something wasn't quite right thank goodness for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of the few things I hate about pets--it's so hard for them to let you know when they're not feeling well. Glad the little guy is going to be OK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! I am so glad the fluffy critter is feeling better and back at home!

    ReplyDelete