Homemade burger buns.

June 19, 2010

Homemade Burger Buns

I can't believe I forgot about these burger buns. I ran across the recipe last week while trying to think of food to make for a barbecue that we were having out at my friend's place because:
  1. I finally graduated, and it's almost my birthday.
  2. I have been craving a burger like no other, and since we don't eat fast food, making our own was the desirable option.
  3. It wasn't raining - finally!
They were so good. Totally hit the spot. And the company + backyard setting was awesome. Thanks guys, for everything.

Breakfast Burger and Quinoa Salad

The buns make a pretty good breakfast burger the next day. Or, if you're like me, you'll happily nibble straight-up.

8 comments:

  1. What is the rice stuff? Quinoa?

    -pz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I whipped up a quinoa salad for Teresa with some potatoes, boiled greens, onion, garlic... turned out pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--those look fabulous! I'll bet you could make them with all sorts of fabulous toppings too. I'm partial to onion buns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, onion... hadn't even thought of that. I'll have it give it a go next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those burger buns look incredible. They actually look like you bought them in a bakery. I'm totally going to give these a try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know how it goes for you! I hope you like them as much as we do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, makes my mouth water! I'll be making these buns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygoodness. these look YUMMY! i make all of my bread, except burger buns. haha becaue my albertan hubby has politely asked my not to "mess with his burgers" hahahah... and now, i think i can convince him that THESE buns will do the trick! ;)

    ReplyDelete